Sunday, September 30, 2012

Painting Weekend


This weekends projects included painting, painting and more painting.  Actually, we pulled out nails, filled holes, sanded, primed, washed walls, taped and then we painted.





Jeff and I made a really good team.  I did the trim (which meant a million trips up and down the ladder) and he rolled the ceilings and walls (no fun).  We were able to finish three bedrooms, the hall, dining room and living room.  All we have left on the main floor are accent walls and the kitchen.

I picked out a slate grey for the living room.  It is really dark so I'm a little nervous but I wanted something bold behind the fireplace to make it stand out. The girls are also painting a color in their rooms but we still need to get the paint.



We like the red but we are moving it to the dining room instead.  I think the previous owners painted it to cover some wall paper.  The texture is really cool so we just gave it a fresh coat instead of taking it down.


It was a lot of work but I'm so glad we did it ourselves.  I loved seeing the layers of colors from people who lived here before.  I left the avocado green trim inside the hall closet, very 1960's.  I wonder who the family was that picked it out.  Once we refinish the wood floors and put in new baseboards this house will be looking fresh again.



1 comment:

Julie A. said...

I love this! Keep the photos coming - it's great to see the progress!

It's amazing what a difference a fresh coat of paint makes, isn't it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails