Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Denver Zoo: part two


We made it back to finish the second half of the Denver Zoo yesterday (first half here).  This time we met up with some new friends that my brother and sister-in-law know.  It was sort of a blind play date.  Our girls and their girls got along well but the highlight of course were the animals.


There is a bear in there somewhere chomping on a hard boiled egg.


Oh I take back, the train ride and the carousel were actually the highlights.





Ava loved that a portion of our $1.50 went to help endangered species.



I rode a rhino next to Erin and her cheetah.  She didn't stop smiling the whole time.  I also can't think of the last time I rode on a carousel and didn't have to stand next to them for security.




After the penguins, bears and apes my girls wanted to go see the birds.  The Lorikeet Adventure was surprisingly everyones favorite exhibit.  The birds were beautiful and we were able to get right up close to them.


Those cute little guys were having a great time taking a swim and staring at all of us staring at them.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails