Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Catching Up

 I'm back up an running after some technical difficulties.  So lets get caught up, shall we?

Picnic #4.  The girls and I headed back down to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science last week because it was so cool.  They beg to go to museums.  Not the mall.  Not the movies.  Museums.  Fine by me.


We took a break right outside to picnic under this beautiful tree in City Park.  I made Martha Stewart's Creamy Pasta Salad with Celery (pinned here) with some added tuna and dill.  It was SO good but it made a ton so we ate it for three days.  I also brought Martha's Tomato and Red Onion Salad.  It could not be more simple to make and tastes like the freshness of summer (pinned here).



Now I could have stayed in the shade of that tree laying in the grass for hours but the girls wanted more museum so we packed it up and headed back inside.


Jeff was off on Friday so we we spent the day at the Denver Zoo.  There were some really cool animals   I had not seen in person before like bats and hyenas.  Unfortunately we only made it through about half of it because Erin was dragging in the heat or "poofed" as she calls it for some strange reason.

New Elephant Exhibit. Sorry the Elephants did not make the photo.  Next time.


Bats.  These were huge, like over a foot long.  I'm not sure what kind they were because I was tending to a poofed child.



I have more pictures but not much worth sharing.  We need a redo on the zoo.

Finally, over the weekend we headed up to Breckenridge for a day trip.  Jeff went on a bike ride and the girls and I did some exploring then parked it under a tree for some light "day camping".




The girls did some reading.  I knitted.  Then we all took turns making up silly stories using Rory's Story  Cubes.  I'm not sure we are playing right because our stories often involve a turtle or a bumblebee locked in a tower but they find it entertaining nonetheless.





When Jeff got back from his ride we headed in to town for some lunch.  Breckenridge is very different in the summer.  I here with my college friends in the fall of 2010 and it was so peaceful and picturesque.  While the scenery is still beautiful the streets were now filled with tourists and Denverites (Denverans?) looking to escape the summer heat.  Now I love watching babies splash in the water but it was much nicer when my friends and I had this creek to ourselves.


We took the long way home up through Loveland Pass.  Beau-ti-ful.  We took a lot of pictures at the top of the mountain but my favorite is the one Ava took of Jeff and I.  It is rare that we get a photo together.  We are kind of laughing at the girls take paparazzi photos of us but the happiness on our faces sums up the weekend, no it sums up our move to Colorado.



Glad to be back and blogging again.

1 comment:

carriecarment@yahoo.com said...

congrats on a move. I'm glad you will continue blogging! Looks beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails