Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Power of Friendship

I just got back from a girls weekend in Breckenridge. My friends college friends try to get together once a year but this trip was extra special because we were celebrating with a breast cancer survivor among us. I am so blessed to be part of such an amazing group of women. One friend said it best when she said that together we are like a warm blanket, a source of warmth and comfort. We talked and cried and ate and drank and shopped but mostly we laughed and forgot our troubles.
Ava also spent a weekend with girlfriends camping with her brownie troop on Mount Lemmon. She has never had a sleepover besides with grandparents and cousins but she made it through two nights in a cabin far away from home. She was nervous about going and I'm not sure she would have done it if it weren't for her friends. It was dark by the time she got home so she ate and showered with a dazed look in her eyes. I know the stories will be flowing tomorrow and I can't wait to hear about the wonderful memories she made.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails