Friday, June 15, 2012

5 Minute Buffalo Blue Cheese Salad


Here is what I made myself for lunch yesterday.  YUM.  The secret to this quick salad is having the ingredients prepped, well I guess that is true of every salad now isn't it.

Seriously though, I keep cooked chicken (shredded, cubed and sliced) in my freezer in portion sizes then I just pull them out and defrost when needed.  I love finding new ways to use them.  I think this Buffalo Chicken is my new favorite.  I started lunch today with this Buffalo Chicken Sandwich in mind but I made a few changes and adapted it into a salad.  So easy.  Super fast.  Lets get started.

Ingredients
1 cup cooked diced chicken
1 tbs olive oil
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp butter
1 tbs hot sauce
2 cups lettuce
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
Blue cheese dressing (optional)

Makes 1 entree salad or two side salads

I started with a good amount of chicken because it is so delicious.  Use more or less, with any of the ingredients, to suit your taste.


Heat oil in a pan on med-high heat.  Add chicken and coat with cayenne pepper and paprika.  Heat 1-2 minutes until warm.


Add butter and hot sauce.  Once the butter has melted toss to coat the chicken and set aside.


Fill a bowl with your lettuce, I used a pre washed mix of baby greens.  Add the chicken and top with blue cheese.  If you wanted to add dressing go right ahead but I found this salad so tasty it wasn't really needed.


The blue cheese kind of melts on the warm chicken making it smooth and creamy.  You could also add diced celery for a little crunch but I didn't have any on hand.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails