Thursday, July 28, 2011

Embrace The Camera


Embracing the camera.  Thanks Emily.  Click below to see more moms with their kids.


............

Our days of summer are numbered.  I can't believe it's almost time to go back to school/work.  We are making the most of our days and crossing off things on our summer fun list as fast as we can.

.............

For some reason I never quite settled into this summer.  I could not understand why until a phone conversation I had with a friend the other day.  I told her how I had been cleaning and working on home projects that I had put off all year.  This friend of mine (who is 9 months pregnant) said "oh, I've been nesting too".  Now I'm certain that I'm not pregnant but the thought of "nesting" never crossed my mind.  Do you have to be pregnant to nest?

Anyway, the more I thought about it the more I think she was right.  I finally sat down to craft that morning and with my house all in order I felt free to let my creativity flow.  My environment had to be ready for the craftiness that was patiently waiting.  My mind began racing and before I knew it I had talked myself into reopening my Etsy shop.  That is what I had been missing.  I think part of me needed to spend a good chunk of the summer "nesting" so that when the time came to make stuff I'd have no distractions.

Soooo it's been a few days and I now have a lot of NEW items to add to my shop.  I still have things waiting to be put together and pictures to take but I could have them up a ready by the weekend.  No pressure this time around.  I learned this summer to take things slow, get my chores done first and make time to play. 

Total side note but as I type this I'm listening to my girls in the other room debate about "who farted".  Cracking me up.


6 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful picture!

Laura said...

Cute!

Allison Yokum said...

Fun picture with your daughter!

linda said...

Great picture!

Catherine said...

Such a sweet photo!

Angel said...

Great photo! Glad you got some good nesting done this summer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails