Sunday, June 26, 2011

Daughter Date with Erin

 Ava had a birthday party on Saturday which meant Erin wanted to do something fun too.  So we did.

I love the idea of dates with your kids.  Spending quality time with them individually is so important.  Erin wanted to go paint pottery at the mall.  We hardly ever go to the mall but after being there for 5 minutes I can tell she is going to be one of teenagers that hangs out there.  She loves the clothes, the people, all the flashy advertizing.  I hope she plans on getting a job too, but I won't worry about that yet, after all she's only 6.


She was tempted by the Disney figurines but in the end choose a simple box and painted it in rainbow colors.  Love that.  I think it's going to turn out great. 


After we escaped the mall we headed to In-N-Out for cheeseburgers, fries and strawberry milkshakes.  Today was the first day I've ever seen her dip french fries in ketchup, random but true.  The time together was short but sweet.  It does not take much to make them feel important. 

1 comment:

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

Hi there! I apologize for contacting you through your blog, but I couldn't find an email address :)

I'm Becca - Another Tucson blogger! I am organizing a continuous chest compression CPR class for local bloggers and would love to add you to the invite list. In addition to learning basic CPR, you'll also meet some other local bloggers!! Can I ask you to email me at becca AT ourcrazyboys DOT com? Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails