Friday, May 14, 2010

Kids Clothes Week Day 5 - Polka Dots

Cute right?

They lie.

My first attempt at this dress turned into a tent. I could fit my girls and I inside.


So I ripped out the seems and took out some of the width. I guess too big is better than too small.

There were many steps but after I saw the ruffles worked I thought, hey this might turn out alright.

Arrrrgh. Zippers are not my friend. The polka dots are cute but they can hide the 1/2 height difference in the sides. That is when I knew to call it quits and move on. This fabric is too cute to hold me back so I'll return as soon as my patience does.


For now it's just a cute dress to add to the almost pile.

I am happy to report that yesterday I did finish a birthday dress for my soon to be eight year old. The red dress I made earlier looked so cute on her that I decided to stick with what worked.

1 comment:

Cotton Kiwi said...

I am so there with you on the zip front. I've learnt that basting those suckers well and truly in place is the only way to go. I have an almost identical dress for my oldest which now sits in my scrap pile because I got so mad with it. Your dresses are gorgeous. I'm sure the birthday girl will love them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails