Thursday, June 25, 2009

Kimonos

I love these little kimonos from Weekend Sewing. I've been looking for items to sew for baby gifts and I think I've found the answer.

Not only are they too cute for words but they also have a special place in my heart as a mom of a preemie. When my little Ava was born 3 months early no clothes would fit her tiny 1 lb 14 oz body. The hospital gives all the babies little Kimonos because they are easy to get on and off around all the wires and tubes. Everything she wore for the first few months of her life was handmade. All of these donated by kindhearted strangers. We still have a few that Ava uses as doll clothes. Read more about that here. Now I get to make little Kimonos for other babies.

On a side note, here is another project I made with the same fabric. It is a belt for my niece's birthday. I found the tutorial here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails