Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What is on my....

...coffee table.

I'm trying to keep up with the book club over at Simple Mom. The first book, Your Money Or Your Life, has been very interesting but difficult to follow. I get the general concepts so far but have not been tracking my spending down to the penny. The message that your money is really the same as your energy I completely understand. I really felt this when I was running my Etsy shop. The money I was making was not worth the time or energy it was taking from my family. Maybe someday I'll be able to have time for a shop again. In the meantime I'm really enjoying my kids.
The Daring Book for Girls is a great book to pick up and read in chunks. It reminds me of when I was a Girl Scout. Our area does not have an organized troop but I think it is important for my girls to know everything from how to start a campfire to how to set a table.
Simply Salads = yum. Finally, the last book is a knitting book I borrowed from my mom. She offered to copy some of the patterns for me but there are just too many I want to make. I keep meaning to return it but something else will catch my eye. Don't worry mom, you'll get it back.

... knitting needles.

A chunky scarf I am making for myself. I love this thick yarn. I made one in December but ended up giving it to a friend as a gift. Now I just have to figure out when I'm going to need it. There aren't too many days we can bundle up in Arizona.

... craft room table.
Piles of projects to be started and finished. I hate having to put craft time on a to do list. My list of goals on 43things.com has really helped me get focused and organized. I've also started using my yahoo calendar and task list. I have had less time in the craft room lately but my dinners have been relaxing and delicious, our clothes are clean and put away and the house is clutter free. Ahhhhh. Now I just need to sneak in some time to make myself a new apron.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails