Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Yarn Store Bliss

 One night a few weeks back between dinner and drinks my friend Steph pulled me into this fabric/yarn shop and said, "You have got to see this".  The rest of our group kept walking and the store was closing in 5 minutes but 5 minutes was all it took for me to fall in love.


We have family in town this week and when the grandparents offered to take the girls to a movie so I could have a little time to myself this was the first place I headed.


I spent a ridiculous amount of time shopping for yarn I didn't really need but there was no way I was walking out of there empty handed.  Now some people like to run or read or nap in their spare time, I browse through yarn and patterns online.  I was so excited to see practically the whole collection of two of my favorite yarns, Madeline Tosh and Malabrigo.  I know these yarns so well that I could tell the name of the color before turning over the tag.  It was so wonderful to see the richness of the colors and the softness of the yarn first hand, kind of like meeting the characters from your favorite book in person.  Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration.


There is more to this store than an amazing yarn wall.  The fabric choices are equally spectacular.  Bolts of Liberty of London! (swoon).  It is funky and fun and super friendly (and crafty) people work there.  We have done a lot of great things here in Denver but this so far has been my favorite.



 I was overwhelmed by the choices.  The project possibilities seemed endless.   But in the end I left with Spud & Chloe fine sock yarn (super wash 80% wool + 20% silk).  I plan to make another Whippoorwill with it for summer.  I better get cracking.


The free stickers and tattoos put me over the edge.  So cute.


On the way back to my car I popped into a Goodwill for a quick look around.  I picked up Cutting for Stone which I hear is a good.  I also grabbed Under the Tuscan Sun because I never read it (or saw the movie).  A European holiday sounds like a good way to end the summer.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The biggest downside to you living in Denver is that we can't share books anymore. BOO! You picked two great ones - I enjoyed them both!!

Miss you!
Julie

LoriAngela said...

Charming post. It is such a joy when you find your perfect yarn, and your perfect book. We read Cutting For Stone in our book club (very good medical detail) and then I knit a Taize shawl in Handmaiden Marakkesh in a bollywood colourway.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails