Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Let The Picnicking Begin!

 I've decided to picnic this summer like it is my job.


The girls and I have set a goal of having at least 15 picnics this summer but I hope to exceed that.  After spending the morning drooling over sandwiches on Pinterest I had to start immediately.  We threw some cheese and crackers in a bag, made a batch of lemonade and grabbed the keys.


Being new to the area I headed to the one spot I knew, Clear Creek.  85 degrees and a clear blue sky.  Ahhhhh.

Before diving into lunch we popped into the library across the street to get some library cards and check out some books.  Reading by the water, yes please.  I could not have planned a more perfect picnic.



The food was simple (cheese & crackers, almonds, yogurt, bananas and cookies) but we were in the mood for easy.  We'll save fancy picnicking for another day.



We stayed for several hours of dipping feet in cold water, reading and playing backgammon.  Good times.  One picnic down and fourteen more to go.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails