Sunday, March 25, 2012

Home Spa Day

I spent the weekend taking care of a kid with the flu (poor thing) and her very bored sibling.  A million trips filling cups of water and bringing cool wash clothes is exhausting.  After zoning out in front of the computer last night I decided I needed to spend some time taking care of me.

I looked up some diy beauty treatments on my Pinterest board and headed to the kitchen.  I grabbed the olive oil, honey, oatmeal, brown sugar, milk, and three bowls.

1.  Hot oil treatment.  This honey/oil mixture worked so well.  My hair feels super soft this morning.  Now I'm not feeling so bad that I had to cancel my haircut on Friday to stay home with Ava.


2.  Brown sugar body scrub.  I simplified this recipe by just adding olive oil to brown sugar.  The results were soft, smooth skin.  Win.


3.  Finally I combined the oatmeal, honey and milk (no yogurt on hand) to make a mask.  My face still feels fresh and clean.



I don't think any products I've bought, even expensive ones, have been better than these simple, natural ingredients.  But even more pleasing than the feeling of my skin and hair is the peace that comes with taking time for myself.  I think I need to plan one of these nights once a month. 



1 comment:

Leah said...

I've been doing that brown sugar scrub for years--love it! There are so many good "recipes" out there these days, but if you haven't tried it already I also highly recommend the Oil Cleaning Method for cleaning your face. I especially love it because the weather here in Tucson is so dry right now...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails