Sunday, March 25, 2012

Home Spa Day

I spent the weekend taking care of a kid with the flu (poor thing) and her very bored sibling.  A million trips filling cups of water and bringing cool wash clothes is exhausting.  After zoning out in front of the computer last night I decided I needed to spend some time taking care of me.

I looked up some diy beauty treatments on my Pinterest board and headed to the kitchen.  I grabbed the olive oil, honey, oatmeal, brown sugar, milk, and three bowls.

1.  Hot oil treatment.  This honey/oil mixture worked so well.  My hair feels super soft this morning.  Now I'm not feeling so bad that I had to cancel my haircut on Friday to stay home with Ava.


2.  Brown sugar body scrub.  I simplified this recipe by just adding olive oil to brown sugar.  The results were soft, smooth skin.  Win.


3.  Finally I combined the oatmeal, honey and milk (no yogurt on hand) to make a mask.  My face still feels fresh and clean.