Saturday, October 15, 2011

No Candy Apples This Year


Ava just had an expander put in her mouth Tuesday and we were back at the dentist on Thursday to have two teeth pulled.  Poor kid, it has not been a fun week.  I'd love to say it went well but honestly I think they had a hard time getting the teeth out.  I was down the hall in the waiting room and I could hear her cry when they were pulled.  I sat there with my stomach in knots, wanting to be with her.  Finally, I was able to go in and see her, hold hand, drive her home and get her set up on the couch with a movie.  I thought the worst was behind us until she woke me up at 12:30 a.m. covered in blood.  One side opened back up and bled for two hours. At about 2:30 she threw up and then felt perfectly normal.  Seriously, she said "can I play a game on your phone?" like nothing had happened.  When they say "kids are tough" it's true, she has been fine ever since.  Needless to say we had a quiet day.  I love quiet days.  More than anything I'm glad it's over.


This one has also been losing teeth.  One top tooth is out and the other is not far behind.  I think the tooth fairy needs her own bed at our house.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails