Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Spontaneous Road Trip

 You know that book "If you give a pig a pancake".  The pig asks a little girl for a pancake and then wants some syrup to go with it.  The next thing you know she's wallpapering a tree house.  Well my brain was on that kind of a roll this morning.  One minute I was writing out my to do list and the an hour later I'm driving 100 miles to Ikea.

You see, if you tell a kid to do her homework she'll ask you for a desk.


 I've been looking around for desks for awhile now but this morning I happen to pick up an Ikea catalog and the first page I opened to was a desk with the exact dimensions I was looking for.  I immediately scratched everything off my list except; get milk, buy dog food and make a paper mache volcano (homework project).  Then at the top of my to do list I wrote Drive to Phoenix. 

I hoped in the shower, made lunches and got the girls off to school.  By 9:30 I was on my way to Phoenix.  I can't remember the last time I did something spontaneous like this.  I think this pure act of freedom was more enticing than buying a desk. 


So like I started to say, one thing let to another and I'm giving the craft room a makeover.  I have boxes and boxes of furniture to put together but that will have to wait until tomorrow because I have to scrub the paper mache off my elbows, charge the hand drill and go to sleep. 

Tomorrows to do list:
paint a volcano
build a desk


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails