Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Girl's Trip to Nashville
Last weekend my friends from college and I all met for a girl's weekend in Nashville. All 14 of us!
Wow. What a fun city. Amy, who lives there, planned the whole weekend. She did an amazing job. We ate delicious food and listened to live music pretty much the entire time we were there. If you are ever in Nashville I recommend getting a seat on the Nash Trash tour and taking the Nashville Pedal Tavern for a spin around the bars. Two of the highlights for sure.
I could bore you with pictures of my friends and I eating bagels in our pjs and catching up on our lives but instead I decided to post a few pics of this cool print shop we went into. I was so overwhelmed by the interior that I forgot to snap shot of the outside. I don't even know the name of it but is was SO cool.
They make concert posters, political posters that kind of thing right there in front of you. I really wanted to jump in and learn.
One of the other fun things we did was have a favorite things gift exchange. I saw this idea on Pinterest (here). We changed the rules a bit and decided to make the gift a $10 limit and to bring one for everyone. I showed up with 13 bars of pretty little soap and left with all these goodies.
1. 2 different people had Jack Black peppermint lip balm as their favorite thing. Crazy isn't it. After giving it a try I can see why they love it so much.
2. These egg shaped lips balms from EOS are so fun and awesome they may be my new favorite thing in my purse.
3. This lip gloss from Elizabeth Street in San Francisco is fantastic.
4. Burts Bees lemon butter cuticle cream - love it!
5. Seche Vite dry fast top coat
6. e-nuf is e-nuf by Essie
7. OPI, Honk if you love OPI, currently on my toes.
8. Starbucks - Oh Yea!
9. Sweatshorts. Don't ya love it, sweatshorts!
10. Bright colored scarves.
Not pictures are a subscription to Marie Claire (so creative) and a beautiful handmade necklace (missed it in the picture because it was probably around my neck).
This was so much fun we are going to do it again next year. Now the hard part is deciding where to meet. Current contenders are Portland, Austin and Savannah. It was so great to see them and I miss them already.