Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Jury Duty



I spent the day at jury duty yesterday.  I was not selected but I do have this terrible picture of the beautiful octagon floor tiles to show for it.  I have gotten a little better about carrying around my camera and feel fairly comfortable taking it out in public to shoot photos.  The thing is I'm usually with my kids and not sitting in a government building.  You would think I'd be more at ease using a small camera phone but something about it makes me feel sneaky, like I'm going to get caught.

I'd started playing around with the photo effects.  I love the names like glimmer, twilight and vintage.

Here is one I simply cropped.



Same photo, uncropped with the bleak effect.




While on the subject of my phone, I've this love/hate relationship with it lately.   It started doing some funky things the other day so I got a little paranoid and changed the passwords on all my accounts.  My phone did not like that and it decided to stop talking to me.  After multiple trips to the Verizon store and several hard restarts later we are back on speaking terms.

The thing that bothered me so much was how anxious I felt without it.  I was not missing anything important but in the last few months I've gotten use to having my e-mail at my fingertips and I was having withdrawals.  As much as I love technology this was a good lesson in taking a step back and reminding myself that I need to unplug from time to time.

I also take back what I said the other day about loving any excuse to go downtown.  Jury duty is not really how I love spending my day off.

3 comments:

Moni said...

Ahhh- that floor brings back memories of what seemed like more than my share of jury duties in the late 80's and early 90's. I think I was there three times, but never selected.

Amibeth said...

I like your "sneaky" picture, hehe. It's a lot of fun playing around with post-processing, I'm finding as well. Just trying to get that balance.

Balance seems to be the word of the year for me. And the biggest challenge is the technology one... it can draw me in so easily. Its good to make an effort to step away a little... thanks for the reminder. :)

Julian K said...

Nice post thanks for shaaring

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails