Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Finally

Lately my sewing machine has been staring at me like a big round boulder.  After months of collecting dust it was time to get that ball rolling.  Why is it so hard to sit back down at the sewing machine after it has been awhile?  I get a little nervous, like I don't know what I'm doing.  I'm not sure why it's so difficult when there is no momentum, it just is.  Am I the only one who feels this way?

 
Although the project I had in mind was simple I decided to get my feet wet with a little fabric crafting.  I made little decorated paper clips with some scraps I had tucked in a drawer.



So simple it does not need a tutorial but I took pictures anyway.  Here is what I used:
  • 3 1/2 x 1 inch fabric scraps
  • Jumbo paperclips
  • Glue (optional)
First trim your fabric with pinking sheers to reduce raveling.


Then fold the fabric in half and slide it into the top end of a jumbo paperclip.


Tie one underhand knot.


Dab a little glue inside the knot to keep it secure.  This is what I had handy but I think most craft glues would work fine.



 Now find someplace cute to stick it.  Bookmark?  I think so.



I tied the last scrap to my bobby pin.  I'm not sure I would wear it out but today I was feeling crafty so I wore it around the house.


There you have it.  More projects soon to follow.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

SUPER cute! I love the bobby pin especially.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails