Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Downtown

 Where we live is a little hard to classify.  We don't live in the country, or a suburb but I wouldn't describe it as urban either.  Is there are word for a living in a nice neighborhood near a university campus in a mid sized city? 
 Anyway, there are amazing things happening just miles from our house but we don't take advantage of it like we should.  We are such homebodies and it really takes effort for us to get out, but we're trying.  Over the weekend we decided to go downtown to visit the King Tut exhibit.  It was a total dud in my book so I won't even go into it.  What I did love was the beauty of our city's streets.


We started the afternoon at one of our favorite places in college, Frog & Firkin.  Strange name I know but it has an awesome patio for people watching, amazing food, and really good beer.


Erin was tired and hungry and clingy but we (her and I) pushed through it and tried to make the most of our afternoon out.  Once she got her pizza and I got my beer we were good to go.


Jeff and the girls brushed up on Egyptian history while we waited for the trolly.  I sat back and enjoyed not having to clean up the dishes.


There is an old fashioned trolly that stops right in front of the restaurant and it takes you downtown.  .25 cents per person on Sunday's made it even sweeter.


It was a short walk from the trolly to the museum but like I said that was my favorite part of the day.




One of the best parts was the tunnel lined with tiles of people's faces.  Silly me forgot to take a picture.  I think I'll just have to take a trip back with my camera and do it again.

2 comments:

angie said...

What a fun little city you live in! Love the shots.

Lia said...

I live it Tucson Arizona, which is not so little I guess. Thanks so much.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails