Sunday, February 13, 2011

Project ReStyle - Week 7





For this weeks project I used a cashmere sweater, pillow case and an embroidery hoop.


My husband's grandmother gave me this beautiful pink sweater for Christmas several years ago.  This is not a color I normally wear but I adored this sweater, it is so soft and feminine.  Unfortunately, tiny little holes have ruined it but paired with a vintage pillow case and some embroidery this sweater will continue to be loved.  I decided to include my girly girl in this project to make it a multi-generational heirloom. 

We cut a heart from the sweater and used some Wonder Under to adhere it to the pillow case.  Then Erin picked out some embroidery floss and stitched around the edges.


After she was finished I embroidered the words.  I think we both agree I should have included the word "love" instead of just implying it with the heart, oh well.


All finished and ready to hang in our craft room.  Thank you Beatles for these lovely words, a simple reminder of what matters most.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

What a sweet project!

kt said...

I love this!!

Julia said...

What a great project!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails