Saturday, January 29, 2011

Gardening and Keepin it Real


I realized this morning that is has been a long time since I posted about our garden.  Every season we try something new and expand it a little.  We added this bed in the fall and it is doing awesome.  I love our garden.  For weeks we've been enjoying fresh arugula salad and soups with rainbow chard. The sweet peas are now beginning to bloom and the broccoli heads are growing bigger every day. 
We've come a long way since our herb garden 2 1/2 years ago (here).  If you've thought about a garden of your own start planning now, spring is around the corner.





Just so you don't get the wrong idea about me I thought I would throw this picture in here to balance things out. One thing I don't spend too much time worrying about is the girl's bedroom.  It is a big fat mess 24/7.  Sure we clean it from time to time so I can vacuum and wash the socks that got shoved behind the bed but otherwise I close the door and get on with my day.  I remember my room looking like this when I was their age and I turned out okay.  As long as the rest of the house is tidy I don't mind that this gets out of control.  So if you had the impression that my girls play with handmade dolls in a pretty little room out of a Pottery Barn think again, we are knee deep in crap made from China.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails