Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Taking a Breather

Well October has been down right nuts. Some of it was great, some of it not so great. I've been out of town 3 of the last 4 weekends and am really ready for a little down time. We took the family trip to Wisconsin, my girls weekend in Colorado, plus we attended two weddings. Ava had her girls scout camping trip which was great but she has been sick ever since. She missed two more days of school, I think that makes 7 days out and it is not even Halloween yet. She is on meds for strep throat.... again.


(photo taken by Ava from her girl scout photography class)

I did not write about it at the time but while we were in Wisconsin Jeff's grandmother passed away. She was gregarious 92 year old woman who baked the best cookies on Earth. I'm glad the girls had a chance to get to know her. She's been part of my live for over 20 years so she was like a grandma to me too.

While we were gone Ranger's health also went down hill. Our 12 year old lab developed Cushing disease and with heavy hearts we decided to put him down. Jeff and I bought Ranger together before we were married. Although I knew he was at the end of his life it was still much harder than I had expected. I miss him every day.

On a lighter note I'm working on Halloween costumes, I'm almost have way through my fall Tea Leaves sweater and I've started to plan for Christmas. I will have more crafty projects to share soon, I just needed to regroup and let live settle in a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about both your husband's grandmother and your dog. I had a similar year. Best wishes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails