Tuesday, September 21, 2010

KCWC - Day Two


A quick project today. I took a brand new Banana Republic sweater found at Goodwill and turned in into a jumper. It is soft, delicate and made from extra fine Italian merino wool, ahhhh. I felt a little bad cutting into it but it was boxy and sheer and I was never going to wear it. Plus, this color pink is just begging to go to kindergarten.





I used only three steps to alter the sweater. First I cut the arms off (they may very well become legwarmers this week). Then I used a regular sewing machine on a zigzag stitch to take about two inches off each side seam. Finally I finished the sleeves but folding them under and stitching in place with a zigzag stitch.






I thought I was done until I suddenly remember the kitty buttons (from here) I received last Christmas. They made the perfect final touch. The only problem is this jumper fits both girls. I think the clothes sharing has officially begun.


2 comments:

Jess said...

Such a cute and instant-gratification transformation! I bet she loves it.

affectioknit said...

I love that little jumper - such a good idea and re-use!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails