Sunday, June 6, 2010

Creativity Boot Camp - Day 1

"Ivory"


For the next two weeks I'll be participating in the Creativity Boot Camp (here). We are encouraged to choose one medium, then every day we are given a journal prompt and random word prompt to spark our creativity. Today's word was "Ivory". I jumped in with two feet on this one and did a self portrait. I really, really don't like pictures of myself but I'd like to change that.

As you can see I chose photography as my medium. I only use the automatic settings on my camera and now is the perfect time to learn about the manual settings. I also want to challenge myself creativity. Here is the first attempt at capturing the word "ivory". Me, in my favorite ivory hat. B o r i n g.


I am also excited about the journal aspect of this course. It has been a long time since I have done reflective writing, well apart from this blog I suppose. It feels good to put pen to paper and get my thoughts down. I can't wait to see what tomorrows word will be.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Fun!!!! I'll be watching as you progress! Thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails