Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Kids Clothes Week Day 2 - Bend the Rules with Fabric Day: part 2

Before



After


The second project for my Kids Clothes Week Challenge, Bend the Rules with Fabric Day was the bleach pen technique. I started by sewing a simple skirt (my pattern). First I sketched out some flower designs. I planned on using the fabric pen to transfer the design but it wasn't showing up well on the red so I had to free hand it. I was a little nervous at first but then I heard Amy's voice saying "Go for it!", so I did.
Once I got going with the bleach pen it was hard to stop. I was tempted to go all the way around but I was afraid I'd mess it up. After I was happy with how it looked I set the little garden out in the sun to work its magic and several hours later I rinsed and washed the skirt.


Here are the flowers all washed and dried. I'm loving the projects from this book and will surely try more bleaching and patches (see part 1) again soon but tomorrow the trim is just begging for a turn.


Happy Sewing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails