Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Velcro-less Fabric Snack Bags

I've always wanted to make some of those reusable snack bags I've seen on blogs and Etsy. The problem is I'm not a big fan of sewing with Velcro. Then I remembered those old school bags with the fold over tops, Bingo! I went through my stash of scraps and whipped up a few this morning. Finding a use for scrap fabric always makes me happy.


Please don't look too carefully at my sewing skills, perfection is not really my thing. Overall I'm pleased with how they came out and excited to give them a try. I may tweak the pattern a bit and put together a tutorial. They are really so simple they almost don't need directions but I've already found a few ways to improve my next few so why not share?



Filled and ready to travel. They're almost to cute to put in Ava's lunch bag. I hope they return.

1 comment:

Lia said...

Smart and cute! I'd love a few directions or tips for making those. I was just thinking about making some of those velcro bags this weekend. I've never sewn with velcro, though. Sounds like it must be a pain, so these seem like a better option.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails