Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Why wait to be Thankful?

I love reading blogs, especially ones that inspire me. Recently I was introduced to two that have touched me deeply and encouraged me to express my gratitude. Many are of you are familiar with the NieNieDialogues and Matt Logelin, but if you are not please take some time to read about these two incredible families. Their tragedies have forced me to look more closely at my own life and determine what are my priorities and where I should focus my time.
Let me start with my husband. My high school sweetheart and the one who understands me best. He is never surprised to come home and find me cooking a Turkey on a Wednesday in October (see picture above) or melting crayons into spiders on a Friday evening. He thinks I should spend less time on the computer and more time enjoying coffee on the front porch with him. He is right.
Ava. Watching her grow is like looking back at myself in a mirror thirty years ago. She thinks exactly how I do. I can see those creative wheels turning and when she has something in her mind she will not stop until she has created it just how she envisioned it. Yesterday it was a bird made from a leaf, paper and some tape (there is never enough tape in this house). She is always happy, thoughtful and everyones friend. Don't get me started on how smart she is.
Erin, my little snuggler. She makes me laugh everyday. She is so sure of herself at three that it makes my job as a parent some days a little difficult. She knows exactly what she wants and has the vocabulary to let you know it. There is no place she would rather be than curled up in my lap and holding her 'Old Monkey'. I may not always be in the cuddling mood but I need to hold on to every moment with her because these days will be gone before I know it.

I love my family. I am very happy and blessed. I have a lot to be thankful for and I don't need to wait until Thanksgiving to celebrate it.
I really did make a turkey last week so if you have any recipies for leftovers I'd love to see them.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

So true!!!! And I actually do have a great soup recipe that uses turkey. I'll get it out for you.

Anonymous said...

And I'm thankful to call you family. Hugs to all of you! And I have a great recipe for enchiladas - they are healthy, and Zach actually requests them!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails