Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Covered Box Tutorial

The other day as I cleaned off my workspace I was looking for a place to keep my little paper journals. Inspired by so many blogs out there like this one , the first place I headed was my recycle bin. A cardboard soda box sat on top, perfect.
First I cut off one end then headed to my paper stash. Any paper will do but I like this origami paper because there are a variety of patterns and the colors coordinate. I simple measured by holding the paper against one side and making a crease. I cut along the crease then added glue. The glue stick was within the closed reach and it comes out nice and smooth but I assume anything sticky will work.
I didn't measure the ends I just folded and overlapped the papers to get a patchwork feel.

Works great, looks great and didn't cost me a dime.

1 comment:

CC said...

I just don't have enough hours in the day. Can you come over and do all this for me? ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails