Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 4th Weekend and Happiness


We are back from our trip to the mountains.  My parents cabin really lives up to the summer holiday weekend expectations, cousins, great food, crafts, reading books, hikes, fishing, kayaking and even a good old game of horseshoes.  Jeff coached the kids with such patients and organization, it was so nice to just sit back and let him take charge.  By the way, I don't think he taught Erin that sassy hand on the hip move.


I really didn't take too many pictures this weekend.  Well, let me clarify, I took A LOT of pictures this weekend but 80% of them were of the kids playing with bubble wands.  I snapped away hoping to get a few good shots but was sadly disappointed when I uploaded them to my computer.  My manual adjustments of iso and white balance resulted in very grainy pictures.

They look okay in a small format but if they're much larger they are not crisp at all.


Oh well, just another learning experience.  Most importantly we had fun.

Totally off the topic of Fourth of July but I came across a very cool blog, Little Things, via Pinterest.  It reminds me a book I was given in high school, 14, 000 Things To Be Happy About.  I love lists like these.  I had some free time over the weekend so I started a list of my own.  Here are just a few things I jotted down.
  • Hearing your kids use big words
  • The color of dragonflies
  • Having sister-in-laws that step in to take care of your child's needs.
  • Finding the dishwasher empty
  • Being the first one up
  • Birth announcements from childhood friends
  • The moment you know its going to be a good book
  • Friend requests
  • Kids entertaining themselves for a long period of time.
I could go on (and I did), it's addicting.  More to come for sure.  What are some little things that make you happy?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails