Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Field Trip to the Farm


Today my daughter's kindergarten class went to the farm and I got to go along.  Agua Linda farm is about a 40 minute drive South toward Mexico.  It is a beautiful little farm with crops of garlic, onions, lettuce and pumpkins.  They also have sheep, goats, chickens, donkeys, cows, horses and dogs of course.



Three classes went so we split up and rotated around the farm in groups.  First we went on a hay ride around the field.  There was not much growing out there right now but I'm sure it looks great all green and full of pumpkins in the fall.


After the ride we went to gather eggs in the chicken coup and visit with the goats in the petting zoo.



This little friend liked my camera strap... and my shirt... and my jeans.  They are so cute they just come right up, give you a smell then sneak in for a nibble.



After that the farmers spoke to the kids about the sheep and the jobs of all the animals on the farm.  I admit I did a little bit of daydreaming about yarn while he was talking.


We had lunch and the kids got to run around and play before it was time to head home.  It was a beautiful, lovely day at the farm.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails