Sunday, January 9, 2011

Project ReStyle - Week 2




For this weeks Project Restyle I took a cute pair of socks that my mother-in-law gave me and turned them into long fingerless gloves (not attached to the shirt) and two little beanies.  I loved the socks but they were too tight, which is why I got them in the first place.  They fit my girls better but were never worn so I took them back for this weeks project.

To make the gloves I just cut a 1 inch slit in the heal for my thumb and cut the toes off about four inches from the thumb hole.  I turned the cut edge to the inside and stitched in place.  If I were to do these again I would give myself another inch for the fingers.  The thumb hole is left as is.

Then I had these two toes sitting next to me.  The first thing that popped into by mind were beanies so I made little pom poms from my yarn stash and stitched to the tops.  They fit right on top of a stuffed animals head.  My girls were thrilled and I just as thrilled because there were two of them.  Perfect.



Cost = $0
Time = less than 1 hour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute idea. I've got lots of knee socks that are too tight.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails