Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Crafting

There was a flurry of last minute crafting the days before Christmas.  I didn't have time to post these last week but I wanted to sneak them in before the new year.

  • Paper Garland. I'm a sucker for garland (I have a feeling I've stated that before).  After seeing this "Merry Christmas" garland over at Clover Lane I decided I needed to dress up my kitchen. So many beautiful decorating ideas over there but I just had time for these simple punched circles.  Quick and easy.  I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but I knew it was there and I liked it.  (Excuse the dishes)



  •  Ponytail holders.  These were a last minute gift for our cute little cousin.  I would love to make these for my girls but any attempt at hair styling is usually pulled out within minutes so I've given up.  I could count on two hands the number of days my girls have worn their hair in ponytails.  I on the other hand seem to have a permanent one.


  • Christmas Wreath.  I bought this wreath at Goodwill for .99 cents and transformed it (using Goodwill yarn from this stash) to the wreath below.  I made some flowers from wool felt I had on hand and whola, a pretty new wreath.  I didn't get a chance to hang it before Christmas but I know it will make me so happy when I pull it out next year.


 All the decor came down yesterday and I spent today scrubbing and getting everything back in order.  My 'to do' list has been recycled and life has slowed once again.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I love your garland!

Shell in your Pocket said...

I love garlands...very cute. I hope to make a snow one soon!

sandy toe

Anonymous said...

I love the ponytail holders! Very cute.

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails