Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bags and Headbands

My husband's sister and her family have been enjoying a break from the Chicago weather out here in Arizona. They came over Sunday to hang out and have dinner. Their youngest is a boy the same age as Ava and they also have two girls a few years older. While the little kids played I took the older girls into my craft room. I had a few projects lined up, ones they could work on independently from start to finish. First they made these bags from Erin's old t-shirts. One line of sewing, add a little ribbon, presto! Instant gratification. I also got out my freezer paper and fabric paint which just added that touch of personalization.

While I went to make dinner the girls were busy cutting and sewing and painting. After several bags each they were ready for something new. Headbands. The hardest part I think was selecting fabric. I don't get to see my nieces very often and it can be difficult to keep up with their changing taste. Seeing what they choose in its own simple way brought us closer together. They stayed till 9:00 cutting and measuring and sewing. They even took scraps and elastic home so they could make more at home. We all had so much fun that I hope this is not the last time we make things together. Crafting is such a wonderful thing to pass along.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails