Friday, October 2, 2009

Busy Bag


A dear friend of mine is going through the unimaginable. Her family has been seeking treatment for their nine month old daughter who appears to have multiple developmental delays. Days after the worst possible diagnosis for her daughter my friend discovered she has breast cancer. I have been in a daze since hearing of this news. I did the only thing I knew how to do, distract myself by crafting. The result is this 'busy bag' for their three year old son.

I used my new favorite pattern by Maya Made and filled it with goodies. There are books, crayons, balls and stickers to entertain Trevor while new faces come and go. There are also rattles and soft toys for his baby sister too.

It is hard when you can't make things better. Most of all I want my friend to know she is loved and if this fills an hour or two then I feel like I have helped a little.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails