Monday, July 13, 2009

Busy Sewing

Our computer has been slooooow recently and has kept me from e-mailing, uploading/organizing pictures, and blogging. While not in front of the computer I've been busy sewing. I have experimented with different types of fabrics and new patterns. Most of these have resulted in lessons learned instead of wearable clothes, but I feel like I'm making progress.

I don't have pictures of these "oops" garments, I'll blame it on the uploading instead of me not wanting to pose in my mistakes.
What I can show is a pincushion I made a few weeks ago. It is not quite square, which is why I don't quilt, but it works. I love the big wooden button I got as a extra from an Anthropologie sweater. It make me so happy when I use it and it has been used a lot recently. Here is a link to the free pattern I made it from.
Despite the slooooooow computer I did a little shopping online this week. I bought a few pairs of shoes for my return to work in a few weeks. How did I not know about Zappos? Best shopping experience ever! I did not have to leave my house and they graciously upgraded my shipping to priority at no charge. My new shoes arrived less than 24 hours after I ordered them.




Lets hope online shopping is not my next obsession.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails