Sunday, November 2, 2008

Freezer Paper Stencils

I finally brought out my freezer paper today. I've had it in the closet for a few months and now that Halloween is over I'm on to new projects. As soon as I felt the heavy, waxy paper I knew this would be fun. I can't show you what I'm working on just yet but here is a t-shirt I love that I found on flickr. Somos Monos was nice enough to include directions so I don't have to type them out again. Check out the flickr group 'freezer paper stencils' to see many more cool designs.

Wayfarer Freezer Paper Stencil Shirt
Steps.
1) First off, I found an image i liked, then pushed up the contrast.
2) I then printed the image out, and traced it onto freezer paper.
3) Using an exacto-knife, I cut it and the lenses out.
4) I ironed on the freezer paper stencil, then placed the lenses, and ironed them on as well.
5) I applied fabric paint and let it dry.
6) then I peeled off the lenses and stencil

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails