Friday, November 21, 2008

Christmas preparations

The problem with making gifts for your family is finding the time to do it. Several mornings this week I was up early working away like a little elf. Planning, cutting and stashing away projects. I'll have to do most of the sewing when the girls are out of the house but I'm trying to get it all organized so I can whip them out when I the right time comes.Here is what is on the list so far. These beautiful fabrics will become purses for my nieces. It is driving me crazy to have these just sitting behind me while I get organized. I can't wait to start working on them.
These balls of colorful yarn may become legwarmers if I can ever figure out how to use my circular needles.
Here are just a few of the felt pieces I will be using to make new play food for Erin. Yummy doughnuts, pancakes, and Christmas cookies are some of the items on the menu. If I have time I'd love to photograph them and make actual menus for their pretend play. For some more amazing felt food check out these great photos on Silvia Leite's flickr page.
I also have a dictionary, pajama pants, a kitty bed, and some really cool jello paints in the works. I can't remember the last time I was so excited about Christmas, and it is not even Thanksgiving. More pictures will be coming.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails