Saturday, September 13, 2008

The transformation

I have been feeling the itch to get on the sewing machine again. I bought some beautiful fabric from http://www.aboveallfabric.etsy.com/ and here is what I came up with.

1. The tunic. This fabric wanted to be a tunic, however it was 44" wide not the 60" that were required. That's okay, I thought, I'm petite. I'll make it work. Well I found out that tunics are long for a reason. It was very wide on the bottom and looked like a tent on me. ]

2. The dress. Now what? How about I shorten the sleeves, add some ribbon and turn it around as a dress for my daughter? Great in theory but what it became was really just another tent.

3. The apron. I have had plans to make an apron and now seemed like a good time. I ended up cutting the back off and adding long ties to the sleeves. Eventually I added pockets too. Not great for cooking because I am a splatter on the shirt kind of chef but if I ever do a craft fair I'm set.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails